Monday, July 18, 2011

The Baby Chase- Holly Finn

Last night as I was looking through my emails I found an email from Amazon.com showing all the Kindle singles available for .99-$1.99 so I thought I would take a look. I am so glad I did. This is what caught my eye.
This was the best essay about infertility I have read. Finn, really puts into perspective how infertility effects your life. Without giving it all away, she lets you in to her world, a single woman dealing with infertility on her terms. Infertility is something that people don't talk about. Its a very uncomfortable subject  for everyone, because no one knows what to say, how to act, and the point is, there is nothing you can do or say to help the situation. It is what it is. This essay is a blunt look into her life and her infertility struggle.

We had our own infertility struggles. We spent two years trying to conceive our son, Eli. Suffered through 2 miscarriages, and I took lots of medications but he is here and I wouldn't have changed a thing about how he came to be. Today is his 4th birthday actually! Happy Birthday sweet boy!! {we also have another son, Ben Henry who is 1 as well}

It isn't nearly as involved as what is talked about in this essay, but I still felt so emotional reading this last night. I read it from beginning to end in an hour and a half. I couldn't put it down. Those losses, are still so raw, and when Finn, discusses loss in her writing I was crying. I couldn't believe I emotional I was.

I think I am getting off track. I really wanted to write this post to put this essay out there and let anyone who has dealt with infertility to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read this, it was SO great!


2 comments:

  1. I am purchasing it on my Kindle tonight! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren - I'm sorry my book made you cry! But I'm so glad you read it. And thank you very much for the shout-out - it will help get the word/the facts out there. So important with this topic!

    I really want people to feel less lonely, going through it. And to avoid it if at all possible!

    I'm so glad to hear your fertility adventure ended happily - two little boys! It's heartening to hear. Thank you again for your kind words, Holly

    ReplyDelete