So here is my Summer Recipe
What is actually says will be in black what it should say I will post in purple ;)
1. Toast pecans ( approx 2 cups for about 5 min or until you can smell the pecan throughout your kitchen)
2.Add 2 cups of white sugar, 1/3 cups of light Karo syrup, and 6 oz of condensed milk to a pot with a pinch of salt.
4. (Have a small cup of cold water next to the stove and as the mixture is cooking and starts to melt into candy mixture, it will begin to turn a carmel color as it does drop a tiny amount into the cold water try to form into a small ball, if this easily happens the mixture is ready to be taken from the stove.)
5. Take mixture off stove.
6. Add pecans, 1 tablespoon of butter, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla (this will bubble) KEEP STIRRING!
7. Beat the mixture until dull (IT WILL SEEM LIKE ENTERNITY, ITS NOT, KEEP GOING)
8. Spoon mixture onto wax paper
9. Wait a few minutes till cooled and ENJOY!!
My mom, two sisters and I made these for my cousins wedding as favors and it took all day. Most people in the South make them for the holidays. My favorite is my Grannys...no one can touch them and I mean NO ONE!!