Monday, September 26, 2011

2 meals in 1


pic via pinterest




I am shocked for 2 reasons:
1- I am not a cook
2- I never really post recipies
But this was a crockpot recipie and it was to good not to post and share with those of you who are still around. I found the recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it out it was the EASIEST I have ever tried.

1lb of chicken breast
1 cup of favorite salsa
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of cream of chicken soup
 THATS IT!
 mix it all together in the crockpot, sink the FROZEN chicken breast in the mixture and put on the top. Set it on high for 5-6 hours and THATS IT! SEE EASY PEASY!!
I only checked on this twice the entire time it was cooking and that was because I couldnt help myself b/c the lovely smell was filling my house and I wanted to get a look. I stuck a fork in and the chicken began to shred perfectly! About 20 minutes before we were ready to eat, I added a cup of sour cream to thicken it a bit and make it a little creamier. AND YUMMY YUMMY! that was meal No. 1 we had LOTS of leftovers-

Today when I woke up I add some chicken broth and some water equals parts and strired for a bit- Viola! Taste EXACTLY like Chicken Tortilla Soup- I had it for lunch with some tortilla chips!! again, loved it!!

Here is a link to the actually recipe @My Finds Online

Hope you all get a chance to try it ....I cant wait to try it again on a cool fall day...if those day ever come down south...

No comments:

Post a Comment