Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mardi Gras Yarn Ball Garland Tutorial

Yay..my friend was able to pull SOME of my pics back from the dead. I have a few take with my iphone those are pretty crappy quality, but you get the idea. I love the way this turned out. LOVE it!



My inspiration from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
 Here we go. I am using traditional Mardi Gras colors: purple, green and gold. You could use this for whatever holiday/occasion who wanted to celebrate.

Gather your materials, colored yarn, Styrofoam balls of assorted sizes, and of course your glue gun.

Because I don't have a snazzy kitting needle like the tutorial from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs, I had to use a pencil to make a hole through the ball :) So that I could string it through on the yarn to make the garland.

A help from Boy Wonder #1, I can see you.

Pick a color and start wrapping, a put a dab of glue every once in a while where you feel its a little loose.

Make sure you leave the holes on the end uncovered so that you can string them on the garland!

All done wrapping and gluing.
I may make some more and put them in a hurricane vase on my island I love these so much!

WARNING: Here come the iphone pics...YUCK...sorry couldn't get finished product pics back from the dead computer.
String them up in a cute pattern you like.

Waaaay to fuzzy but I hope you get the idea....its really really cute.

Enjoy and Happy Mardi Gras!

Linking up to:
UndertheTableandDreaming Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought to make a garland out of yarn balls! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete