Friday, February 4, 2011

Mardi Gras Crepe Streamer Wreath

I finally have some Mardi Gras decorations in my house! Yay me! In New Orleans there is always a party so we go straight from Christmas to Mardi Gras. Not many people decorate for Valentines Day. I have lots of decor up for Valentines Day but since its almost over and Mardi Gras is right around the corner on March 8th, now I start decorating for that...so here is my first attempt at a Mardi Gras wreath.

I started with a $1 store wreath and 3 colors of Mardi Gras streamers

Cut them into long strips and then over lapped them into a cross and made little pinwheels

Here's my little pinwheel parking lot- I made lots and lots these.

I also cute about 6-8 strips to wrap around my wreath, to section off my wreath. I found it was easier to glue to the streamers than to the wreath itself.


It looked like this from the front when I was done wrapping the wreath in the strips.

Here's the back view.

Half way through, adding pinwheels and fluffing as I went.

Here is my finished product, I dont LOVE it, but I think its Cute Enough!

Happy Mardi Gras :)

No comments:

Post a Comment