Saturday, March 19, 2011

Easy Peasy Easter Wreath- FREE!

This is a semi tutorial ( i didnt take many pictures, sorry) but its very easy to see how it was done and its OH SO CUTE.


All you need for the simple project is a bag of Easter grass, plastic eggs, hot glue and poster board. SIMPLE, simple, SIMPLE! The best thing about this was that this was FREE b/c I had all of this left over from last Easter, and the posterboard is all over school. YAY!! for free.

1. Depending how big you want your wreath, cut out a roundish shape from the posterboard.
2. Scrunch up your Easter grass into pieces and start glueing.
3. Do this all around the wreath until you like the fullness of your wreath. It will have to be trimmed once you hang it, it will be messy too. I vaccummed my classroom entry way A LOT yesterday, before I got it the way I liked it.

4. Start adding plastic eggs. (dont have a pic of this step sorry, I got excited it was so cute.) I pushed them down onto the posterboard not the grass so that it wouldnt pull the grass off. It worked just fine.

5. Hang your wreath where you like, and trim the grass so that its not falling off everywhere and so its not to messy.



I love love love the way this turned out. I am going to make one for my front door as soon as Ben Henry's birthday party festivies are over and I take down all of his decorations.

Hoppy Easter LOL

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! :) What a great idea! I may try to make an easter grass wreath myself! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo cute! I loved your three things too :)
    YUMMY reeses. The ONLY can I like! Yes the taste is different if it is shaped different!!

    ReplyDelete